Thursday, February 02, 2006

Date: February 2, 2006
Weather: -29°C and Clear
Sunrise: 11:13
Sunset: 17:04

Well it was positively tropical in Inuvik today - it was 29 below. For the first time in weeks it didn’t hurt to breathe, and you could walk without pain. Only in the North can you be happy that it’s only 29 below!

The sun gets higher and brighter every day now. I think it’s foreshadowing (no reverse irony intended) the future. I can already see the next few months getting brighter and brighter, for longer. Folks here enjoy the late winter and early spring the most. It’s bright, not so cold, and there are things to do…like hunting and fishing. I have never been much of an inland fisherman, but I am pretty excited about it too. A coworker gave me a trout that he caught last season and, well, it’s almost as large as a codfish! I’m pretty excited to catch a freshwater fish that big.

It’s only Thursday and my weekend is already booked solid. Between CASARA and some social engagements, I hope I find time to sleep!

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 9:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear the sunshine is there now. We are seeing quite a difference here in daylight...it happens fast when the sun comes back. Each day gets better and better. About the social engagements...isn't it funny how much there is going on all the time? We never had a social life like this back in Newfoundland...but the ones we socialize with here are all from the ROCK. Just reading your blog made me realize how funny that is. We are going to take it all in before we head back to the rock. only 23 months to go!!! Hopefully. The count down has begun...Take Care, Lori, Danny & Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter