Monday, February 13, 2006

Date: February 13, 2006
Weather: -12°C and Clear
Sunrise: 10:25
Sunset: 17:53

The temperatures are really up, far above normal. It’s the talk of the town; you can hardly meet anyone without having a talk about the warm weather. There is a forecast for plus two degrees for Thursday. It’s likely that forecast will change before we get to Thursday, but it is still really intriguing to see that forecast in February for a place above the Arctic Circle. All in all, it’s great snowmobiling and ice fishing weather.

Speaking of that, I am kind of in the market for a decent snowmobile. They are pretty expensive here (as you would expect). I could go into the Northern store and buy a $10,000 machine and finance the payments, but I’d prefer not to do that right now. I think I’ll wait until I have enough money saved in my “snow fund”. That’s the name I have on my savings account. Typically I use the cash to buy winter recreation items and equipment – hence the name snow fund. I just need to let it get a bit bigger before I move on getting a new snowmobile. Maybe by late next fall I will have enough to buy a new one, and another second hand machine. That way Lorie and I will both have one for next winter. Cant’ wait!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter