Sunday, February 12, 2006

Date: February 12, 2006
Weather: -12°C and Clear
Sunrise: 10:29
Sunset: 17:49

Wow it sure was bright today! The sun is getting longer and longer every day now, but it doesn’t seem to be getting much higher. I guess that will come eventually. Already I can see the advantages. I’m not used to having good winter weather like this…and sun too…that was simply too much to ask back home.

Once we get set up here I can see the possibilities; fishing and hunting galore. I’m already a bit disappointed that it hasn’t happened yet – but it will.

I never thought I would miss fish this much. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but it is basically impossible to get decent fish here…well codfish at least. You can get lots of char and trout, but no one fishes it this time of year - too cold they say. A good cods head stew would be pretty good right now, and some fried cods tongues too. Mmmmm!

I’ve always kind of scoffed at expatiate Newfoundlanders who waxed poetic on missing some things from home. I guess I kind of understand now. A decent whiff of salt air would be nice too!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter